Note: I have nothing to write, but I think a something is better than nothing. Hence this entry.
O February!
The Unser 3200 was temporarily known as The City Motorboat. How did it get that name? Here's how:
I was driving from on Sunday night from meeting my soon-to-be Bunga Bidadari along Jalan Ampang when the engine suddenly burst into an intense, crude sound. I might had hit a pothole, or a small bump that caused it. Yes, the Unser 3200 runs on diesel, and you know how diesel-fuelled engine sounds like. Along the way home, I drove the car with extreme care and wait till the next day.
Why the motorboat?
The noise it caused gives the nickname The City Motorboat. From a steady, normal diesel engine noise burst into an annoying sound akin to a motorboat. The car also briefly known as The City Fokker (a turboprop) when it accelerates on the road.
What actually happened?
A connecting exhaust pipe just below the engine burst up, creating the motorboat sound effect.
Reaction?
Fearing further engine malfunction, the car was stored at my office's parking complex for three days as no workshops open after a week of Gong Xi Fa Cai. Consequentially, I took up public transportation to work (good one, bro!)
Solution:
Scouting around Bangsar/Old Klang Road areas for exhaust workshops with my friend, Mr. Allyman. Couldn't find one. Then, went to one workshop in Ampang, known for its detailing and excellent workmanship. There goes my Thursday lunch hour. The tauke was so expert that he can tell the fault in graphic detail while washing his hands by just listening to the sound! Left the car for repair and by nightfall, the Unser 3200 is no longer a motorboat.
It deserved a wash, and that night it got the bath it needed.
O February...
O February!
The Unser 3200 was temporarily known as The City Motorboat. How did it get that name? Here's how:
I was driving from on Sunday night from meeting my soon-to-be Bunga Bidadari along Jalan Ampang when the engine suddenly burst into an intense, crude sound. I might had hit a pothole, or a small bump that caused it. Yes, the Unser 3200 runs on diesel, and you know how diesel-fuelled engine sounds like. Along the way home, I drove the car with extreme care and wait till the next day.
Why the motorboat?
The noise it caused gives the nickname The City Motorboat. From a steady, normal diesel engine noise burst into an annoying sound akin to a motorboat. The car also briefly known as The City Fokker (a turboprop) when it accelerates on the road.
What actually happened?
A connecting exhaust pipe just below the engine burst up, creating the motorboat sound effect.
Reaction?
Fearing further engine malfunction, the car was stored at my office's parking complex for three days as no workshops open after a week of Gong Xi Fa Cai. Consequentially, I took up public transportation to work (good one, bro!)
Solution:
Scouting around Bangsar/Old Klang Road areas for exhaust workshops with my friend, Mr. Allyman. Couldn't find one. Then, went to one workshop in Ampang, known for its detailing and excellent workmanship. There goes my Thursday lunch hour. The tauke was so expert that he can tell the fault in graphic detail while washing his hands by just listening to the sound! Left the car for repair and by nightfall, the Unser 3200 is no longer a motorboat.
It deserved a wash, and that night it got the bath it needed.
O February...
No comments:
Post a Comment