I wonder how much this city has influenced me for the past week. Everybody who has been on Bandung trip seems can't stop talking about it. Some are even planning to make a return, and a handful of them has booked their flights on August. It's OK, let them have fun while I plan my next Bandung trip, which will be more interesting and a feast to the eyes.
I get myself the detailed street map of Bandung (that's why I love Periplus maps), clicking on AirAsia website to get the best flights, making room reservations and try to make sure that my local friend is at call. Phew, I am eager to come back. Not really to shop, but to take photos, venturing the wilds, exploring historical sites, experiencing local lifestyle and of course, local fares. My wife is very excited about our prospects of going back to Bandung and I am hoping that she'll be fine for a long walk around town.
What fascinates me actually?
Bandung is different. Roads are narrow, compact population, perfect blend of traditional and urban facilities, distinct culture, art-deco Dutch buildings, unfenced railways, bustling crowd, exotic dance, peculiar names and food galore. What else I can put, erm, should I say Bandung is very different from Jakarta? Perhaps.
For me, traveling to new places unveil many mysteries (not spooky-type of mystery). The feeling to explore the city is so high. You tend to capture more shots, you will last to enjoy their meals, venturing to historical sites, experiencing nature... oh, it's indescribable. It's good enough to see hillhouses, farms, communities, cool temperature because at our home, we won't experience it.
Spending millions of Rupiah is also a great experience. No one ever wonder how you could become a millionaire by working as a middle-class executive in KL. We are used to spend thousands of RM, and when we are in Indonesia, we get confused. Why? Because goods cost around 100K above. Sound expensive, but it isn't. Rp 100,000 is equivalent to RM 35 (around US$11.30). Very, very affordable. To avoid confusion, ignore the last three digits. You'll be fine at market. Beside, you still can bargain to the lowest price you can get. Good enough.
Our prospective trip to Bandung will be the second honeymoon for us. It's gonna be great. I shall return someday to Bandung, I will. I miss this lovely city.
I get myself the detailed street map of Bandung (that's why I love Periplus maps), clicking on AirAsia website to get the best flights, making room reservations and try to make sure that my local friend is at call. Phew, I am eager to come back. Not really to shop, but to take photos, venturing the wilds, exploring historical sites, experiencing local lifestyle and of course, local fares. My wife is very excited about our prospects of going back to Bandung and I am hoping that she'll be fine for a long walk around town.
What fascinates me actually?
Bandung is different. Roads are narrow, compact population, perfect blend of traditional and urban facilities, distinct culture, art-deco Dutch buildings, unfenced railways, bustling crowd, exotic dance, peculiar names and food galore. What else I can put, erm, should I say Bandung is very different from Jakarta? Perhaps.
For me, traveling to new places unveil many mysteries (not spooky-type of mystery). The feeling to explore the city is so high. You tend to capture more shots, you will last to enjoy their meals, venturing to historical sites, experiencing nature... oh, it's indescribable. It's good enough to see hillhouses, farms, communities, cool temperature because at our home, we won't experience it.
Spending millions of Rupiah is also a great experience. No one ever wonder how you could become a millionaire by working as a middle-class executive in KL. We are used to spend thousands of RM, and when we are in Indonesia, we get confused. Why? Because goods cost around 100K above. Sound expensive, but it isn't. Rp 100,000 is equivalent to RM 35 (around US$11.30). Very, very affordable. To avoid confusion, ignore the last three digits. You'll be fine at market. Beside, you still can bargain to the lowest price you can get. Good enough.
Our prospective trip to Bandung will be the second honeymoon for us. It's gonna be great. I shall return someday to Bandung, I will. I miss this lovely city.

No comments:
Post a Comment