Being a loyal supporter (or tifosi in Italian) is quite incomplete without donning the shirt of the champions, the other being at the holy ground of the team themselves. RS Iskandar has the story.
E |
very time you wear your favourite team's shirt, you can declare to all that how proud you are to be a part of the champions without ever playing a single minute as an outfield player.
Mind you, I am not in any way a Manchester United fan. I don't hate them but simply dislike them. What an overrated team, just like the English national football team. Enough said.
The newly crowned champions of Serie A TIM (the top tier of the Italian Football League) of season 2010-11 are AC Milan, better known as Milan. The 18th championship (scudetto in Italian) tied them at par with their cross-town rival, Internazionale Milano (or Inter for short). Both teams, along with Juventus, are among Europe's strongest club football teams, and are also well recognized internationally. Milan have coveted most international titles, earning them the rights to proudly display the slogan "il club più titolato al mondo" (the most successful club in the world) under their crest on their shirts. In addition, Milan is the only European team to adorn the UEFA Badge of Honours in all competitions, having won the top European club championship (the UEFA Champions League) seven times. Unlike champions of other leagues, the Italian champions instead sport a small shield, known as scudetto to signify their previous year’s victory. In England, for example, Premier League champions will adorn golden league patches, in contrast to normal white patches to distinct themselves from their opponents.
I'm through with the details. Moving on with the topic.
As usual, nearing the end of the season, I would be hovering the Net for news and images of what the new shirt for the next season would look like. There would be many leaked photos and designs, as well as rumours. As the end grew near, I stumbled upon what would be the confirmed design of Milan's new home shirt (la maglia casa). The news came from a reputable source, KitKross.
According to Milan's official website, the official launch of the new home shirt will be made during the Adidas Italia week. And when the launching was published, I said to myself that I must grab this shirt before counterfeiters could even get them sold here. So I made my move to Milan Store to order my champions' shirt.
Last season's strip was a such a hit that I almost missed it. Still looking for the TECHFIT™ PowerWEB version though. So, I must get this one customized. In addition to the strip, I added the Serie A TIM patch, the UEFA Badge of Honours, the club's slogan and a name set… which I put my name (3 ISKANDAR). The shirt itself came with the affixed scudetto patch at the centre, signifying their league crown victory. The complete shirt cost me approximately RM 610.00 including shipping charges and delivery by United Parcel Service (UPS). The purchase was done on Thursday morning and I expected five days of delivery.
Or so it seemed.
26 May 2011, 1056 hrs
The consignment (il consegna della milano, as I called it) is out of the warehouse and ready for delivery. The warehouse is at Milan, but obviously not at Milanello, San Siro or the Via Filippo Turati headquarters. I received a notification email on this matter from Milan Store.
26 May 2011, 2145 hrs
Il Consegna reaches Signor UPS' northern Italian facility at Bergamo for scanning and delivery. It's gonna be out of Italia very soon.
26 May 2011, 2345 hrs
Tired of being scanned, il consegna is now thrown to Herr UPS' European port at Köln, Deutschland (that's Cologne, Germany, folks!)
27 May 2011, 2316 hrs
After a night of anxious sleep, il consegna arrives at Shenzhen, China for further handling. Too much hands and laser scans. Can't wait for it already.
29 May 2011, 0900 hrs
Encik UPS Malaysia has il consegna scanned, molested and checked at UPS Sepang facility. Come to ay papi!
30 May 2011, 1042 hrs
The lovely Miss Raudah of NSTP Mail Room has signed il consegna from Abang UPS. The shirt is now at my office.
I was on leave that day. I woke up to track il consegna as I knew the last location was in Sepang. It was like an unbelievable deception to eyes when I saw the delivery status: DELIVERED. I blinked twice and all came to my senses that il consegna is indeed at my office, waiting to meet its rightful owner. Four days, all the way from Italy… and only time and distance separated us (I was in Kuantan that day). I immediately called my colleague and instructed him to keep il consegna as I will come later to collect it. I told nothing of il consegna and promised to make and official presentation on Wednesday.
Later that day, my brother and me made a stop to collect il consegna at office en route to Melaka. I can't contain the excitement and almost leaked the packaging. I kept it intact and thanking my colleague. Upon reaching Melaka, I got Kyoko (my Canon G12 camera) ready to snap every moment that will happen. And the moment came…

Belissimo grande! I was speechless upon seeing and caressing the shirt. I officially became the first Milanista in Malaysia to own and wear the fully customized new Milan shirt! I was so happy!
Il Consegna della Milan
Belissimo grande! I was speechless upon seeing and caressing the shirt. I officially became the first Milanista in Malaysia to own and wear the fully customized new Milan shirt! I was so happy!
Presenting the new Adidas AC Milan SS Home Shirt 2011-12 in S size. The version I purchased, is of course not the player's version, but an official replica of the player's version. It's quite difficult to find a player's version, as the manufacturer directly supplies players’ kits. The other way to tell this (in this case, Adidas), is the label. An official replica uses ClimaCool™ technology; ForMotion™ or TECHFIT™ PowerWEB are for players as their fabrics are lighter, cooler and more comfortable for maximum performance.
Customization labels
Maglia dei Campioni!
The "scudetto"
"The most successful club in the world"
The official Serie A TIM rubber-textured patch
The UEFA Badge of Honours. 7 Volte Campioni d'Europa!
Customised nameset
The club's full name in glorious gold script
The official presentation and photography
"These are the champions"
And as promised, I wore this shirt on Wednesday as my presentazioni ufficiale to positive response and awe, as they always love to see original stuff from overseas, as usual. At the end of day, I managed to get my friend, Jann Jayeff for a mini photo shoot at our office.
I now have 10 Milan shirts from various seasons, tallying the estimated cost of RM 2,500. Good money if I ought to sell them, but no bids or offers accepted. I treasure them greatly like national artefacts.
Now, I'll wait for the away shirt, which would be launched anytime soon. Leaked photos for both away and third kit are already circling around the Net.
Forza Milan! Tu sei tutta la mia vita, 18 volte campioni d’Italia!





No comments:
Post a Comment