Monday, December 20, 2010

KCH/WBGG Homefly a.k.a Dutchess Fify's Wedding

A story that is shorter than the shortest short story.

Awal Muharram was great, I celebrated briefly with prayers and devotion. Praise Allah the Almighty for giving me a chance of another Muslim resolution and transformation.

By the way, me and dad were having fun at 1Utama: makan-makan, jalan-jalan and watching movie (Haunted Changi). The next day, we flew to Kuching.

As expected Kuching was raining a bit, and my sister and his soon-to-be husband picked us at the airport. We had lunch at home and helped my family to work on for the next day's occasion: the solemnisation of my sister's marriage.

The day finally came. As we are all familiar with my soon-to-be brother-in-law, everything went smoothly. I even guided him to practise a few for the akad. When the moment came, he calmly declare:

"Aku terima nikahnya dengan mas kahwin yang tersebut."

 
Done! Alhamdulillah, in one attempt he did it. Welcome to the family, Mohamad Faizal Buang. And how relieved we were after that. We had a small feast, calling on the audience of his family's; later on, me, dad, mom, my nephew Hazeeq and my cousin went for Kuching's sotong kangkung and ABC. It's been a while.

The nights followed were the lepaking sessions. Of course, being away for most of the time made me sitting with drinks and Puffy with my other siblings and my bro-in-law.

My nephew, as usual, was a happy lad. I had fun with him, and we kinda bond perfectly. A good uncle? Perhaps I am.

Well, a family-scale wedding ceremony was held on Saturday. I took part as my dad's representative, as he and mom entertained guests. I took videos of the wedding, and helped the newlyweds accordingly. We had fun, of course, with relatives came together and relieved the good old days.

 
Oh yes, Sherry & family came to Kuching for a family vacation. Did manage to show them around the city, and took them for mi kolok session.

Most importantly, seeing my sister's happiness was a satisfaction. I wish both of them a blissful marriage and may their love blossoms stronger to death. Wish I could bring all of them to my place so we could have fun together... but that would have to wait.

Cheers, The Sham's siblings!

No comments: