Tuesday, February 16, 2010

God’s Gifts for 恭喜發財


Don’t get me wrong, lads. Not that Prosperity God. Not even McDonald’s Prosperity Burger.

Alhamdulillah, so far this month has been a rewarding one. My freelancing jobs have been plenty since late January and my pocket is smiling. These are my fruits of labour, worthy of those sleepless nights. Hopefully this will continue in months to come as I want to rejuvenate myself and my life.

Ticking into Chinese New Year, I got myself some stuffs. I got to restock my wardrobe, as I gain some weight (huhu!). Some of them I got at a bargain, some are not. I went wild on shopping spree, as my described: “jiwa kau dirasuk oleh semangat orang perempuan (you’ve been possessed by women’s spirit)” as women are naturally big spenders (not all, but some). Remember Isla Fisher in A Confession of a Shopaholic?

Oh yes, thing that I cherish in particular: Nokia 5530 Xpress Music! 

Yes, my dear; it’s a touch screen cell. A dream came true. After almost an hour after my first payment, a client of mine presented me this phone. I was like a kid getting a candy. I guess this is a reward for job well done. I used to name my phone, most notably the Nokia 2650, which I named Padmé. 

So, some of my March’s to-do list: 
1. Puma 2010 FIFA World Cup Italy home jersey replica
2. Send my MyVi Airbus for routine checkup… err, service
3. House-hunting

May the Year of the Tiger bring happiness and prosperity to everybody in many endeavours… could be in your Tiger Balm, Tiger Beer, Tiger Airways, White Tigerzord, tiger show, Tigger, Tigera, Mac OSX Tiger, Onitsuka Tigers, Tyger! Tyger! Burning Bright, Biskut Tiger, Harimau Malaya, Harimau Maybank, Harimau Belang, Harimau Jadian, Harimau Bintang, Harimau Educated Tak Ada Ekor, Silat Harimau Berantai and many more to come.

Khallas and xin nian kuai le.

No comments: