Friday, August 1, 2008

Of Being Naive and Pure

Naive-lah sangat kan. Yeah, rite.

After a year of committed, fun and wonderful career, I was called to attend a three-day induction course by my employer. Following my job confirmation, the induction a.k.a orientation course is compulsory. Feels like being a uni student again. How refreshing.

My office sent three new staff: me, Sha and Zainal for the course. To tell the truth, we knew most of the things around as we are used to going around the building, make dealings with other departments, get involved in their activities and lots more; except a trip to our printing plant. So off we went to the course at Level 5.

One of the things that I liked about this course is meeting and make friends from all departments involved. The whole program was good, some are adequately interesting; but somehow I really enjoy being flanked by girls throughout the course. One is a 5-month pregnant beauty and a Singaporean amoi, we shared lotsa info and marriage stories together. Lots of particpation and activities, especially on the first day, made us feel like a strong family.

The best thing about this program was the tours. There were two tours: the facility tour around the building and printing plant tour at Shah Alam. Hoho. That facility tour I knew well, so that's why I escaped from touring to some departments/units that I know too well. I made an escape back to my desk, checking my emails and Facebook until they came at
my office ( a part of the tour), picking me up for the final turn to the security area.

Being an NSTP employee without visiting the printing plant is considered incomplete. It was a great experience for me when we got to the printing plant and see how it works. It's like an extensive system of railways+highways+roller coasters. Teruja beb. I will bring my wife to visit the plant.

These pix will do the talking:

Film negatives during pre-press before being sent to the yellow room for plate-making.

Exposed negative films are processed to make a plate for printing.

A copywriter extends his duty from BB Bangsar to the printing plant.
A technician demonstrates how printing is done & monitored.

With Caslyn Chan, our Singapore sales correspondent.

Newspapers are traveling in these so-called highways and roller-coasters.

With Azura of E-Media.

After all, we enjoyed our ride and had fun making friends, kinda miss them. While we might bump into each other in future, the fun would never be the same. Hmm. At least, we learned something and committed to become best employees for the benefit of the company.

Khallas.

No comments: