Thursday, July 10, 2008

The R-Machine

(The R-Machine logo, with Bandung flower).

Hmm. Now I should talk about my newest addition of machines, the faithful R-Machine. It has been mentioned several times before in here, and I hold to my promise to story a bit about this R-Machine. What is it?

It's a big, long distance scooter named Elegan, manufactured by Modenas. It's been with us for a month a half now, given the newest registration number WRJ 3546. It's black and sleek, and suits my riding style. Mind you, Elegan is more than just a scooter; it's bigger than other local scooters, the biggest I think. It travels at least 50km daily to ride me to work to-and-fro. It's so elegant, hence its namesake and makes me elegant plus stylish, too.

Rite. My riding experience is traced back to my schooldays with that old Yamaha 110SS (my cuzzie's) and my dad's (Suzuki RG, Modenas Kriss). I stopped riding after an accident (Superman-style) during my final year at IIUM Matric... I still remember walking to exam hall with cements enveloping my left leg. That final sem exam. Prayer times were quite uneasy, I had to sit and stretch out my injured leg. How awful. That was the last time... and after years of silence, here I come.

I think that my purchase of a PVC jacket at Bandung in April is a sign that I'll get a bike. Somehow, Abang Mus (aka Orang Muda), a swashbuckling 40-something senior designer in my office has influenced me to get a bike like his... which is that Elegan. Yeah, I dunno... I start asking him everything about his bike and do some research at motor shops and the net. Thee-hee. I even register in auto forums to get more info on Elegan. Quite ambitious, my wife says. Telling my dad about my unsure intention, he smiles and gives me a go-ahead with some assistance... thanks dad, you're the greatest.

After much pondering and uncertainties, I finally make up my mind. That Monday (can't remember the date) me and Abg Mus are lurking at that same motor shop just adjacent to our office. I place my booking and assured of getting my new bike by Friday. Hehehe. It's true, anyway, that Friday proves to be the day I pick up my Elegan. Yahoo! It's always shaky at first, filling up to max (cost me RM 12 when fuel=RM 1.92, now full tank=RM 17) and heavy to ride. My first ride home is so in control, gotta adjust to it. And now, I love this bike.


Hmm. R-Machine. At first, ArtDessei III is the first name in mind, but too many ArtDesseis could give me a lot of headache. Comparing that Elegan to other big bikes, such as Kamen Riders' bikes, I stumble upon the V-Machine, the superbike of Kamen Rider Super-1. Although V-Machine is a Harley, but in honour of the superhero I have decided to call mine's as R-Machine with personalized logo. And sometimes, I don a red scarf and feels so like a Kamen Rider. I risk not to do a henshin (transformation pose) on the bike, otherwise I end up in a drain or at a hospital.

R-Machine... a bike to die for, the official carrier to work and very efficient. If you want to get a scooter, this one is definitely the best. Vroom, vroom!!!

3 comments:

RedAnna said...

bagusnye promo!!! :)

Anonymous said...

one word; cool!

MsC.YashiMuRa said...

ho ho ho.. tok duhal ko pun R-machine.. ahaha.. boleh tahan.. tp marilah berkenalan lg rapat bersama2 geng2 elegan ECFO tok.. hehe.. terutama BHT 821 aku.. mwahaha.. btw..aku Yashimura from ECFO..